Retreevo Study: Online Regrets...
Online electronics store Retreevo, published a study that found 32 per cent of people had posted something that they later regretted. But the damage done was relatively small:
- Of that 32%: 3% say it ruined their marriage or relationship with someone. 6% of them said it caused problems at work or home.
- Of that 32%: 13% were able to remove the offending post.
It seems iPhone users are particulary prone to inappropriate postings, followed by people under 25.
- 59% of iPhone users have posted something online they regretted.
- 54% of people under 25 years old have posted something online they regretted.
- Only 27% of people over age 25 have posted something online they regretted.