Media Tech: DNN Launches Marketing-Enabled Enterprise Publishing Platform
DNN today launched an enterprise-class content management system optimized for marketing allowing multi-format publishing and tracking visitors to a company's web sites.
The Evoq 8 system allows companies to manage and control every web page and sub-sections while at the same time assigning editorial controls and security. It is integrated with Marketo.
I spoke with Will Morgenweck (above) VP of Product Management at DNN, here's my notes:
- Evoq is based on an open source content management system from Microsoft for .Net, which has a hundreds of thousands of users.
- DNN offers enhanced features on top of the open source version and also support, it has more than 2,000 customers, some very large organizations such as Department of Defense, Whirlpool.
- It has a simple user interface, if people can use Squarespace they can easily adapt to Evoq.
- It can be used to publish an entire web site while having embedded tracking available on a granular level of detail.
- It is available as a cloud service and it will work with all the online file storage services such as Dropbox, giving easier, centralized control over media assets.
- It is integrated with Marketo, Box, Dropbox, Amazon S3, Microsoft SharePoint, and Salesforce.
- Billing is based on pageviews. You can have unlimited numbers of editors and stakeholders accessing the system and not be charged unlike other services.
-DNN has 80 employees and was founded in 2008.
Here's more information on Evoq 8:
Evoq 8 enables customers to build personalization rules that tailor site content based on visitors' profiles. Rules are based on geography, account registration (i.e., registered versus non-registered users), gender, age, recent visits, referral source, search terms and ad clicks.
Page-Level Content Analytics: Statistics on page views, referrers, unique visitors and conversions are presented as an overlay on each web page, via data collected and managed by Evoq....
Evoq 8 includes built-in connectors to Box, Dropbox, Amazon S3, and SharePoint, making it easy to access any piece of content or digital asset from a single window...
Advocate Marketing: Evoq 8 enables Marketers to activate the brand advocates already on their website by rewarding them for sharing content on their personal social networks. The advocacy marketing capability is integrated with Evoq's native gamification engine, and engages customers by issuing challenges, tracking challenge completions, and awarding points, badges, or other designated incentives.