Global Media Evaluating Business Models Around An Unique Publishing Medium
Updated: Global media companies are evaluating business models around a publishing medium with unique properties. Here's some of its specs:
- Instant on.
- Preserves data without power.
- High resolution.
- Can survive being dropped from 6 foot.
-Content can be annotated.
- Readable in bright sunlight.
- Range of realistic tactile surfaces.
- DRM qualities built-in -- it can only be copied with special machinery.
- Can be produced inexpensively with sustainable materials.
- Eliminates the digital divide.
- Doesn't require specialist disposal.
- Resistant to wide operating temperature range from Arctic to hottest desert.
- Can be used for signage, and combined into panels for billboard-sized displays.
- Absorbent. Can be used with ink and also for human hygiene purposes.
Writer and publisher Dave Eggers recently said: "I just love the form." Jeff Jarvis hates it.