Posted by Tom Foremski - January 25, 2009
This is a great time to invest in innovation:
- The next big thing always comes out of downturns.
- It is easier to find great people.
- Salaries are lower.
- Office space and other resources are more plentiful and less expensive.
- Capital startup costs are lower.
- IT costs are lower thanks to cloud computing and web services.
- Programming languages and development tools of various kinds are simpler and more powerful.
- Marketing costs are lower (if done right).
- Work can be virtualized across time zones and regions.
- Most importantly: As bad as this recession will get, the upturn that follows will be even larger.
The next upturn will be led by what I call New Rules Enterprises, these are organizations that are highly efficient and have made the most of the economies of Internet 2.0. More on this in future posts.Tweet this story Follow @tomforemski